The role of the Line Leader is be responsible for the daily operations assigned to the production line, ensuring that it completes the daily plan, and produces products of the correct standard at optimum efficiency.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- Effectively motivate a team of people in order to meet production targets
- Ensure the final products meet standard specifications.
- Effectively maximize production efficiency, ensuring daily plan is met on an hourly/daily basis.
- Adhere to and promote best practice in accordance with Company health, safety and quality regulations.
- Ensure all paperwork and systems are completed and accurate in accordance with company procedures
- Ensure that all areas on the line comply with hygienic audits, both internal and external
- Ensure GMP (good manufacturing practices) and housekeeping (clean as you go) are strictly adhered to.
- Liaise with Production Supervisor on a day to day basis, ensuring efficiency of the line.
- Assist in the training and development of all staff, including new starters to the role.
- To act as a role model for best practice
- Monitor, control and minimize waste
- Undertake any other duties as may be required from time to time, that reasonably fall within the role.
- Ideally at least 2 years line leading experience within a chilled environment.
- Ability to adapt to the changing daily plan.
- Good time management, organisation & multi-tasking skills.
- Good literacy and numeracy skills.
- Ability to motivate and influence people.